Impression Europe is committed to ensuring a high standard of ethical and environmental trade practices, including the provision of safe working conditions and the protection of workers’ rights. Impression Europe conducts its business in accordance with the provisions of this Code of Ethical Policy and expects its Suppliers and Sub Contractors to observe the Code’s provisions and to demonstrate a similar commitment to an ongoing programme of ensuring and, where necessary, improving, ethical and environmental practices.
The objectives of the Code are;
- to set out a clear statement of Impression Europe policy
- to promote the adoption and improvement of ethical policies globally
- to implement effective processes for improvement of trade practices
The Code and Core Requirements
Impression Europe will not engage in business with Suppliers or Sub Contractors who do not meet our core requirements and will be entitled to terminate any contract with any Supplier or Sub Contractor who is found to be non-compliant with any of the Core requirements listed below;
- Suppliers must not use any form of forced, bonded or involuntary labour.
- Workers must not be subject to physical or verbal abuse or threats or intimidation of any description.
- Workers must not be required to work extreme hours or work without adequate rest periods.
- Suppliers should respect the right of workers to form and join trade unions and to bargain collectively.
- Suppliers should not engage in or support any form of discrimination.
- Suppliers and Sub Contractors must not use workers under the age of 15, or the minimum legal working age in the country in question, if higher than 15.
- Factories and work sites used by Suppliers must be safe and hygienic with an adequate number of safe and accessible fire exits from all buildings and workers must have access to clean drinking water.
- Workers life or limb must not be endangered due to the use of dangerous machinery, unsafe building structure or layout or hazardous chemicals.
- Suppliers must pay wages sufficient to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
- Suppliers must maintain proper and accurate employment records including calculation of pay and hours worked and Suppliers must be transparent and co-operative as regards the inspection of employment records.
- Suppliers must not engage in bribery, corruption or other similar unethical practices in order to gain competitive advantage.
Compliance with the Code
Impression Europe recognises that its Suppliers may not be able to achieve all the standards laid out in this Code immediately but is willing to engage with Suppliers who:
- have implemented, or are willing to implement, appropriate and workable processes for raising standards to be compliant with this Code within an agreed period; and
- are able to demonstrate a responsible and transparent approach to their working and general practices; and
- demonstrate an ongoing commitment to improving working and ethical standards.
Impression Europe Ltd.